Saturday, June 6, 2015

You are your own motivation

Today was the first day at the gym in a long time. I have tried so many ways to lose weight without the gym but all failed. Thanks to my mother who is helping me with the membership, I can do this easier and safer. Saturday is my assessment with the trainer but I didn't want to wait until then to start working out. I went slow today with 15 min on the bike and a 1/2 hour in the pool. It felt really good to be there doing what I needed to do to become healthier. In the past, I have tried workout videos, dietary supplements, programs. You name it, I probably tried it.


I have always been overweight since elementary school and over the years I've had many reasons to lose the weight but I would only be motivated a short time. Now I am more motivated because of my kids and my health. With the bulging disc in my back, it was difficult to do the simplest exercise. Fortunately for me after my last child was born, my lower back did not hurt as much as before I got pregnant. This is confusing to me as to how but I'm not complaining. I am taking Skinny Fiber to help boost me, but will only be able to until the bottle is gone. It can be expensive when you are limited on money.

Image result for skinny fiber

Yesterday, Anthony, Lucien and I walked the two blocks to the store for a few things and my back did not hurt bad. It ached but I was still able to walk. Before, I couldn't even walk to the parking lot I would be in so much pain. Maybe, the disc is getting better. 

While I was in the hospital the week after Lucien was born with kidney stones, the aide there talked to me about her physical health. She has two bulging discs. She told me her story about being on meds for two years and then stopped because she didn't want to take them anymore. She exercised on her own to strengthen her core and was eventually feeling better. She now goes to the gym and is not taking any prescription meds. She was my first motivator. Thank you Lisa, where ever you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment